WELCOME: No Matter what your present or past status in the Catholic Church, no matter your personal history, age, race or background, you are invited, welcomed, accepted and loved at St. Genevieve Catholic Parish in Twisp.
Attendance is limited to 50 persons. You must register for the Mass time you want to attend (Only one Mass attendance per week please). Please arrive for Mass 15 minutes early. To register for Mass click RIGHT HERE
Mass times are at:
Sunday 11:00 AM
Wednesday 10:30 AM and 6 PM
First Fridays 10:30 AM
St. Genevieve Parish Public Mass Guidelines
Under the Phase 3 guidelines, as outlined by WA State and Bishop Daly, the following requirements have been mandated:
- We can now operate our churches and other indoor spaces at 50% capacity (up from 25%), while observing the modified rules for grouping noted below. This also applies for weddings and funerals (see here).
- Guidelines still call for masking for all congregants and musicians.
- Guidelines still call for 6-foot distancing between “groups”
- “Groups” are defined as a maximum of 15 individuals (i.e., 15 individuals seated in a pew six feet away from another pew with other 15 people). Notably the guidelines state, “It is recommended, but not required that each group consist of individuals from no more than two households.” In other words, technically multiple households can be in the same group.
- Choral and congregational singing is back. This assumes masking and distancing on the part of choir members and congregants. See the guidelines for details.
Please remember that Bishop Daly has granted dispensation from attending Mass during the pandemic crises. Those over age 65 or with health issues should consider the risk before deciding to attend Mass in person.
Sunday Mass will still be available online on Facebook at 11:00 AM in English and 2:00 PM in Spanish for those who wish to attend mass via the internet.
Please register with Flocknote to receive email/text notifications from the parish. Click the “Register” link above or click here to register.
Click the Parish News page for the bulletin, current information and events happening in our parish.
Listen to KVSG Twisp
Sunday Masses Twisp and Brewster (Livestream)
Prayer of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You. Amen.
The CARE NET “Bottles of Love” fundraiser begins Mother’s Day, May 9 and runs through Father’s Day, June 20, 2021. Please see the Parish News page for more information.
A Guide to Making Good Decisions for the End
of Life: Living Will and Durable Power of
The Bishops of Washington State and the WSCC have prepared this booklet as a resource to assist in making choices about health care and in communicating decisions to others. Our Catholic faith encourages prayerful reflection on death and responsible preparation for it in light of Church teachings.
Please remember St Genevieve Parish in your will.
Vatican dedicates May to global rosary ‘marathon’ for end of COVID-19
Vatican City, Apr 21, 2021 / 14:00 pm America/Denver (CNA).
The Vatican has announced a rosary initiative dedicating the month of May to prayer for an end to the coronavirus pandemic. Read the article here.
Since the release of the COVID-19 Vaccines, there has been discussion of the new COVID-19 vaccines’ ethical implications, especially given their use of fetal cell lines in testing. Bishop Daly addresses these ethical concerns and informs Catholics that they may take the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine when eligible to receive the vaccination.
Basic Practices (the Three W’s):
Parishes are to develop infection control protocols for their gatherings that incorporate these basic practices:
• “Watching Distance” – Individuals should observe physical distancing by maintaining no less than six feet between people not of their household.
• “Wearing Masks” – Parishioners are required to wear face coverings whenever they are indoors for Mass, excepting the reception of Holy Communion. A mask is not required if it cannot be worn reliably or if it aggravates breathing difficulty or another health risk. Priests are instructed to wear masks during distribution of Holy Communion.
• “Washing Hands” – Hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer upon entering the church / gathering space is strongly encouraged.
As bills continue to arrive, please remember to continue your generous donations to St. Genevieve’s parish. We now have on-line giving, just click Donate at the top of this page.
Of course, you may continue to mail your donations if that is your preference.
St. Genevieve Caltholic Parish
PO Box 6
Twisp, WA 98856
St Genevieve’s very own Radio Station – KVSG, FM 107.1 is up and broadcasting. The daily Mass is broadcast on KVSG every morning at 8 am. If you are out of range from KVSG, and you have a smart phone, try downloading the TuneIn Radio app for Android devices or iHeartRadio for Apple devices. Then navigate to Sacred Heart Radio Seattle for the feed that KVSG is broadcasting. There are several other opportunities for LiveStreaming of the Mass. These include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Sacred Heart Radio – Seattle
- EWTN Radio
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at 9 am (https://www.nationalshrine.org/mass/),
- Relevant Radio Mass at 10:00 am (https://relevantradio.com/faith/daily-mass-video/)
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral, New York at 7:15 am Sunday (https://saintpatrickscathedral.org/live)
A Message from Catholic Charities of Central Washington
Having a baby and raising a family is an incredible experience, but the journey of parenting is sometimes a struggle and families and moms may need help along the way. Whether you just found out you are pregnant, are a new mom or a new dad, or are juggling the demands of parenthood, all families need a community to support them.
PREPARES is a nurturing response of the Catholic community in Washington state, open to all, to provide meaningful, local and sustainable support to mothers, fathers, and families as they nurture their children through pregnancy and early childhood. Volunteers at the PREPARES program offer support and activities for families from pregnancy to your child’s fifth birthday.
Website: PREPARES of Eastern Washington
As part of our continued response, LTP has compiled free prayer resources in English and Spanish, free Virtual Gathering offerings, and more for you, your parish, and your family and friends. For a complete list of free resources available to you throughout this crisis, click here: Liturgy Training Publications (English and Spanish)
– Televised Masses –
|Article from Our Sunday Visitor: Does TV Mass “count”?|
Live Mass from the Basilica of the Sacred Heart at Notre Dame’s campus in South Bend, Indiana.
10:00 AM ET every Sunday
9:30 AM ET Monday-Friday
St. Patrick’s Cathedral
Live Mass from St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York.
10:15 AM ET every Sunday
8:00 AM, 5:30 PM, 10:00 PM ET every Sunday
San Fernando Cathedral
Live from San Fernando Cathedral in San Antonio, Texas.
8:00 AM, 12:00 PM every Sunday
– Prayer Resources –
|Liturgy of the Hours|
Find morning, daytime, evening and night prayers online.
Pray the Rosary
Pray along with videos for all of the mysteries of the Rosary.
Light a candle online
Light a digital candle and share your prayer intentions from your home.